Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Evan's Summer Update!

Hey friends,

Hope you are all doing well! Summer here in the northeast has been flying by, and at this point I’ve given up on a lengthy monthly newsletter.

I’ll still occasionally update the Friends Not Fans blog with lots of cute pictures of Saoirse and videos from shows and such, but from now on I’ll just be sending out quick emails when I have something important or awesome to tell you. Let me know if you miss the monthly newsletter format though -- I could revive it, it’s just hard to find time with a almost-3-yea-old who likes to go to bed at 11!


I’ve been playing a fair amount of local shows in Boston this summer, and enjoying my organizing work with Fight for the Future. It’s a pretty wonderful organization to work for, still allows me to do plenty of music, and I get to spend a solid 40 hours a week trying to dismantle the NSA. Not a bad day job, eh?

I made my first appearance in Rolling Stone, albeit not for my music.

I’m in the early stages of planning a brief West Coast Tour this Winter with my dear friend and mentor Anne Feeney, who many of you know well as the best hellraising labor singer in North America. Get in touch now if you’d like to bring us to your town, anywhere between Bellingham and Santa Cruz. Email me: evangreer@gmail.com


I’m also hoping to book regular weekend workshops and performances across the U.S. this Fall. Please get in touch if you’re interested in bringing me to your area and we can have a chat about how to make it happen! Even if you’ve never set up a show before, hit me up, I can talk you through th process and give you some ideas. Just reply to this email or ping me on Facebook or Twitter.

Not much to report on the album front, sorry to say. Hoping to raise some funds through shows this fall to make that happen! Considering a crowdfunding campaign too. Details soon. :-)

What are you up to? I’m always happy to get updates and emails from everyone on my list so please reply and say hi!

Solidarity,
Evan Greer

Upcoming Shows:

Tomorrow, August 4: ROXBURY, MA
BRICnic (Family friendly picnic and NSA Protest)
Organized by Restore the 4th and MassOps
2pm in the park behind Boston Police Headquarters (on the bike path)
Come grab a sandwich, listen to speakers, and hear a little music.
Speakers include:
Alex Marthews, president of Digital Fourth
Kade Crockford, prominent ACLU activist
and many more.

Sat & Sun August 10 - 11: ALBANY, NH
368 Drake Hill Rd, Albany, NH, 03818
7pm Concert Saturday night
Two daytime workshops Sunday
Cheap camping and accommodations, beautiful location.
Email for details: evangreer@gmail.com

Thursday, August 15: CAMBRIDGE, MA
Out of the Blue Art Gallery
106 Prospect Street, Cambridge, MA
Central Square T-Stop
8:30pm. $5 donation. All ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment